Skip to main content

Summer goals

I was just thinking about what I plan on doing this summer. The most important thing is STAY COOL. I hate being hot. I love the sun, but seriously? Does it have to get so stinking hot? I sweat . . . err, glisten . . . real easily, so I don't like being hot. I don't have air conditioning in my apartment, though I do have one fan that I am already using. Aw well. I guess I can't always have my way, eh? (I know, but I had to say it. I'm Canadian, eh?) Anyways, here's a few goals of mine this summer:

(1) read more - - - I would like to read a lot more books. I have about 300 books on my Kobo, plus about 50 physical copies I haven't read, yet. Not to mention, all the books I want to reread. Whew! Yep, that's definitely a goal of mine.

(2) write 20 000 words of "Hooked Forever" - - - I want to write this during the summer. I would love to write more than that, but, you know?

(3) Babysit more - - - I love to look after children and I intend to babysit more often this summer. Kids always make me so happy inside. They are my "kindred spirits."

(4) Go on a short vacation - - - I would love to go to Kelowna, B.C. or Calgary, Alberta this summer to visit family and friends. I don't know if I will be able to afford it, but here's hoping!

(5) Write more blogs - - - I really enjoy blogging, and I would love to have more followers. (hint hint!) I like to write my thoughts down, and know that people appreciate my opinions on things that are important to me. So, that said, please comment on my posts! I have two other blogs, as well.

(6) Finally, I want to live my life as a witness for God. I want to show people the love and peace Jesus can give them. I am not here to judge anyone for how they live. I am only here to spread the Good News. Jesus loves you, my friends. I would never force my beliefs on anyone, but know that I will stand up for Him.

Thank you for reading me!

Comments

  1. I love this list and I miss seeing your posts.
    A lot of the things that you listed are things I want to do :) Great post Cheryl <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list! I wish I could say I had summer goals, but living in the Southern Hemisphere it would be more like winter goals haha. XD Best of luck with writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! Where do you live?

      Delete
    2. No problem Cheryl! :) I live in Australia, so our winter is the American summer, our summer the American winter, etc.

      Sincerely, Melissa <3
      melissagravitis.blogspot.com

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Classic Middle Grade Books I Love

      There are many great books out there. These are just a few of my favorites for ages 7 & up: (1) The Harry Potter Series - J.K. Rowling                     (2) The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis (3) Black Beauty, The Autobiography of a Horse - Anna Sewell (4) Heidi - Johanna Spyri (5) Mary Poppins Trilogy - Dr. P.L. Travers (6) The Secret Garden -  Frances Hodgson Burnett (7) The Oz Collection - L. Frank Baum (8) Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll (9) Tom Sawyer - Mark Twain (10) Little House on The Prairie Series - Laura Ingalls Wilder (11) Charlotte's Web - E.B. White (12) Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie (13) Old Yeller - Fred Gipson (14) Stuart Little - E.B. White (15) The Swiss Family Robinson - Johann David Wyss

Life Update and Living The Game

    LIFE UPDATE: HI! I haven't written anything in so long! I am so sorry. I hope to contribute more to my blog  more often now.      So, what's been going on in my life this last year? Well, I babysat a wonderful little girl full time for about a year before she moved to a different city. I love her and still keep in contact with her. In fact, I'm going to go see her in about a week to spend three glorious days with her and her parents. I am so darn excited! She had become like a daughter to me and I miss her deeply.       Since the last time I blogged, I started two YouTube channels! Knit and Crochet With a Gilmoregirl is a knitting and crocheting podcast. Join me if you would like to! I currently have forty-seven subscribers from all over the world. I love doing this podcast. I've been doing everything yarny for quite a while now, and I love sharing my passion with other people.       My second YouTube channel is a booktube. You can find it by searching, C

Nanowrimo

Hellllooo|! I haven't written in this blog for so long!! I have other blogs, as well, but I haven't done much in any of them recently. My bad!      So, I'm babysitting a lot, knitting, crocheting, reading, and writing every day, and these things keep me pretty busy. My big news is that I am officially signed up for Nanowrimo! Yes, I am actually participating in national novel writing month in November. I am so excited! This is my first time doing this competition, and I am so psyched! I don't know if I will be able to complete the 50 000 words challenge, but I'm going to do my best.      I am outlining a new novel as we speak. It will be a love story, with a bit of drama and tear jerking scenes. I do my best writing when I have to write sad scenes! LOL.   In other news, I am finally reading, "The Book Thief," and I am enjoying it immensely! I've seen both good and bad reviews of this book, so I decided to see for myself whether I would like it. I